I’d just like to say that Tyler Cowen knows economics, but does Tyler know classical music? No.
Well, he’s probably pretty well versed in it, but:
- He links to an article that is attempting badly to be both humerous and controversial
- He then disagrees with things that no rational actor should, perhaps endangering a few political science and economics models
In my dark past, I acheived a degree in music. There, I’ve said it, and I’ll say it again. I don’t care. Anyway, it gives me license to make these sorts of catty comments that only one of the annointed can make. And link to the article in what would be a blatant act of hypocrisy for you mere mortals who didn’t waste *cough*5 years*cough* in getting a degree.
As to the article itself? I’m feeding the troll, but…
- Think you’re reacting to the name, but…kinda.
- Mostly, yeah.
- No, though most people don’t.
- This is an Undeniable Fact of Life, Holy Writ, Should Be Inscribed in Stone Somewhere. A Really Hard, Chemically Inert Stone.
- You’re overlooking the overuse of tremolo. Everything else is secondary.
- Thanks for proving my point about Stalin apologists, commie.
- So don’t listen, bitch.