Since you guys are determined to take mortal offense at anything poking fun at you, I thought I’d mention some of the things I like about Canada or Canadian migrants to the US.
- My great-grandmother. From Nova Scotia. She moved to Boston. From all accounts she was the better half of the relationship that produced my grandfather.
- Gay marriage. Hope Harper doesn’t screw that up. One of the places your civil liberties drastically exceed ours.
- Mike Meyers. OK sometimes he goes into lame territory, but Wayne and Garth are classic.
- Kids in the Hall and their diaspora.
- Dan Ackroyd (I’m sensing a theme).
- Rush. Where would American high school geeks be without them?
- Tolerant attitude towards certain drugs in some places.
- I happen to like moose and beaver.
Hope that keeps you happy for a bit, or at least dries the sniffles from my last post.