Well, Aren’t I Just the Blogging Yankee-Talkin’ Fool Tonight?

So, just how Dixie are you, based on your word choices?

21% Dixie. You are a Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Yep. Even though my mom is from Pennsylvania and my dad from Florida, I ended up with a speech pattern to the north of both of them.

This entry was posted in Stuff About Stuff. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Well, Aren’t I Just the Blogging Yankee-Talkin’ Fool Tonight?

1. Dave-O-Rama says:

Where as I am between 76 and 90% Dixie, depending on some variations in my speech pattern.

I feel that the proper second person plural pronoun is “y’all”.

I beleive that an appropriate variation of ‘may be able to’ is ‘might could’.

I have announced that I am preparing to go over there by proclaiming, “I’m fixin to go over yonder.”

2. Sandy Smith says:

I’m just glad they put the parens around (se) in “You guys” — because I say it pretty much like Cartman.

So you haven’t devolved to the point of dropping the x in fin teh gao oahver yahwahnder?

3. Mindy says:

48% Dixie. Apparently I’m a closet redneck and I just didn’t know it. Guess I’ll have to stop making fun of Ginger’s neighbors. So sad:(

4. Holly says:

38% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

(And shouldn’t your “fin” be “fi’in teh gao”?)

5. Sandy Smith says:

Mindy–that still makes you 52% Yankee, or at least non-redneck. So laugh away.

6. Ginger says:

38% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

(PS – I’m not a Yankee or a Rebel!)

7. Dave-O-Rama says:

Hey, I scored a full on 90% my first time through, and I’m still perfectly willing to make fun of Ginger’s neighbors. I will also mercilessly mock anyone who says “bubbler” around me.

And I’ll take mockery regarding my use of y’all. But just remember that ‘you’ is ambiguous, ‘you guys’ is sexist, and ‘you ones’ or ‘you’ns’ is just aesthetically unsatisfying. So objectively speaking, I’m right and y’all are wrong. 😛

By the way, I’m not a rebel, I’m a subversive.

8. Nyk says:

57% Dixie. Barely in Dixie

WTF? Y’all have been teaching the English guy to speak Southern! That’s a very cruel joke to play.

I blame it on the three years I spent in West Virginia, on t’other side of the ‘crick’.

9. Dave-O-Rama says:

Well, it depends on the situation. If we were, say, going head-to-head on Unreal Tournament or some such, I might very well say, “Son, I’m fi’n’ ta kick yo ass.”

10. Adriana says:

35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.

I grew up in New Jersey and California, so I guess this isn’t really surprising.

11. Adriana says:

35% Dixie. You are definitely a Yankee.